Networking as a student or new graduate in public relations is so important. It can open doors to opportunities you never thought possible or just give you a richer understanding of the field you want to get into.
This past week, after months of fundraising with St.Clair College’s Public Relations Club, I was able to travel to Toronto and visit National PR, Rock-It Promotions, The Mint Agency and The Canadian Public Relations Society.
The take away messages were these:
– Network, network, NETWORK!
– Be very specific about the job you want and then tell everyone you know about it
– Dare to be different, what makes you weird or quirky can actually be a selling point
– Get an internship and then rock their world
– Pour passion into everything you do
– and finally, remain ethical!
Ps. If anyone has any connections, my dream job is to work in public relations for Sunwing!